Winter is just around the corner, and it is time to begin thinking about winter-auto-repair tasks for your vehicle. Even though the temperatures may not often drop below freezing in your local area, it is still a good idea to have your local mechanic take a look at your vehicle to ensure the following are in good order:
- Antifreeze-Be certain the level is full and the mixture is adjusted properly.
- Tire treads-Check the tread depth and ensure you have enough tread to allow for safe winter driving.
- Tire Pressure-During cold weather, tires lose pressure, so it is a good idea to add a little pressure from time to time. Tires that are properly inflated provide better contact with the road and will protect your wheels from potential damage.
- Windshield Wipers-Have your old wiper blades tested or replaced at your auto service center to ensure you are able to see clearly.
- Window Washing Fluid-You will likely use more fluid during the winter months. Keep in mind that only washer fluid should be used, as water will freeze.
These car maintenance tips will help you to prepare for winter time and also help you to keep safe out there.